harpcolumn

post-MA harp study in CLASSICAL CONTEMPORARY MUSIC

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists post-MA harp study in CLASSICAL CONTEMPORARY MUSIC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hallo,

I’m looking for informations about harp studying after the MA in Harp Performance degree.

I’m especially interested in teachers and schools focused on classical contemporary music.

Feel free to suggest every teacher/ academy/ university in world you’re thinkking about.

Thanks!

Beatrice

jessica-schaeffer
    Participant

Hi Beatrice,

You may want to look into Northwestern University. Liz Cifani, principal harp of the Lyric Opera, teaches there and focuses mainly on contemporary music. There is quite a bit of contemporary music in Chiago as well, and you may find it a fertile place for collaboration.

kimberly-houser
    Participant

Louisiana State University fosters the performance of contempory music.

Anton Sie
    Participant

Probably way too late, but I would suggest Ernestine Stoop, http://www.ernestinestoop.nl,

Anton Sie
    Participant

Besides that, the Royal Conservatory is well-known for its composition department with a.o. Louis Andriessen as teacher. This year, Heiner Goebbels will have his festival at this institute. Composers like Messiaen, Cage, Kagel, Ligeti, Kurt��g and Reich visited The Hague extensively in such festivals.

Anton Sie
    Participant

Susan Jolles at Manhattan School of Music is expert in contemporary music, as is Sara Cutler, a superb harpist who is on the faculty of Brooklyn College, both with post-graduate programs. California Institute of the Arts specializes in that kind of music, and Susan Allen is on the faculty. There is also a lot of activity in Boston, where you could study with Ann Pilot or other teachers. You will find almost any university has contemporary music composing and performing ensembles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies