Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Karen Johns
ParticipantCould it be possible that there was a lot of winding to the string on the tuning pin? I’ve seen that happen before. Too many turns can cause the string to get too close to the edge of the pin, and then just a small jarring can cause it to slip off. You might want to check your other tuning pins for this.
Karen
Karen Johns
ParticipantHey Liam,
Is your email the same? I can’t seem to get through, and I used the one listed under your name here.
Karen
Karen Johns
ParticipantYou might find Jerry Brown’s harpbuilding book of interest, Liam (if you don’t have it already). You certainly have the technical experience and enthusiasm going for you!

Karen Johns
ParticipantKaren Johns
ParticipantKaren Johns
ParticipantKaren Johns
ParticipantSaul,
Karen Johns
ParticipantSaul,
Karen Johns
ParticipantLaura,
I just saw CeCe this past summer. I’ll try and track her down and email you when I do. Her married name is Webster-she used to be married to Bill from Webster harps/dulcimers, and in fact he named a harp model after her. BTW, did you get my email about Daniel?
Karen
Karen Johns
ParticipantDavid I loved your story! I just found out a former member of my ensemble passed away on Friday, and I really needed something to laugh about today. Thanks for sharing.
Karen
Karen Johns
ParticipantI had the same problem with my low F on my Limerick, and it was due to the paint marker I used. The paint sank into the windings on the string
Karen Johns
ParticipantNo offense Betsy –
But this is what I call
Karen Johns
ParticipantNo offense Betsy –
But this is what I call
Karen Johns
ParticipantIt may or may not be worth $60,000, but I’m willing to bet it’s worth a heck of a lot more than $2,400. What a deal! Does anyone know if it is playable? Or does the harpist just use it for display?
Karen Johns
ParticipantDid it happen to be the one featured in The Matrix ?
-
AuthorPosts