Wire harp question for Bernhard & Liam

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Karen Johns on #159869

Hi Gentlemen,

Participant
    Liam M on #159870

Karen,

First, I am deeply saddened at upsetting Audrey and wish I had not done so. I would ask you not further contribute, we are friends and we need to allow each other our peace.

In answer to your question… And I would hope Bernhard will correct me here if I err…

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159871

Participant
    Liam M on #159872

Karen

I welcome all string charts!!

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159873

You might find Jerry Brown’s harpbuilding book of interest, Liam (if you don’t have it already). You certainly have the technical experience and enthusiasm going for you! :-)

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159874

Hey Liam,

Is your email the same? I can’t seem to get through, and I used the one listed under your name here.

Karen

Participant
    Liam M on #159875

87Aspencade@gmail.com

Participant
    michael-rockowitz on #159876

Karen,

I don’t know if this experience applies.

Participant
    Liam M on #159877

Michael!! Where have you been hiding? Good to see you!

More
    tone?

Participant
    Liam M on #159878

Karen

Just received the email… Believe I have it… Your Limerick ranges from C3 to G6 and your A4 (440Hz)

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159879

Yes, that is what I love about the sound of this harp- the steel strings

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159880

Thanks Michael and welcome! I’m really glad you chimed in, and I believe your experience does apply.

Participant
    Liam M on #159881

I have .008 strings on the Golden Jr and I note they are almost like razors, so there may be an advantage gained to the thicker strings once you accustom yourself to them.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159882

The soundboard on the Limerick is 5-ply Finnish aircraft birch. Doesn’t get much stronger than that, or so I’ve been told. Constructing this kit was a dream-the soundboard slid right into slots pre-cut into the sides of the soundbox, no finishing strips to glue on or sand. The base is also pretty wide for a lap harp, a little awkward (knee-bones are a must!) but the projection is awesome. Had a soundguy in awe of this harp at a festival I played at this past summer.

Done bragging now….;-)

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159883

Whoops, sorry Liam. Yes, you do have the chart right, I had to copy it from my sheet and that was how it was listed. And it appears your strings on your Druid are even thicker than mine. I feel ashamed for belly-aching now! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.