Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224420
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Wow–that’s quite a lot of work you have to tackle, but it will be well worth it! Which of these do you love the most to play?

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224408
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I’m currently working on original arrangements of “Christmas Time is Here” and “One Song” from “Snow White”. 98% of what I play professionally is arrangements that I’ve written.

    in reply to: My Antique Erard on a movie set #222888
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    The harp looks beautiful in that setting! I hope that they use your footage for the movie!

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? (September 2018) #222177
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Evolene–I’m so impressed that you’re learning to play a double-strung harp! And the tunes you’ve chosen are very enjoyable to play. I play “Sally Gardens” and “Carol of the Bells” at gigs.

    Rachel–I love that you’re tackling “Blue Orchid”. (Savourna is a talented songwriter and harpist!) I don’t have the music but would like to try it. What level is it at, intermediate or advanced? Also, can you tell me where one can purchase it?

    • This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Jerusha Amado.
    in reply to: What's on your music stand? (September 2018) #220732
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Tanya–I love the songs that you’re learning that were written by Miss McDonald. I use them for gigs as background music.

    Hi Annie–What kind of harp would you like to play?

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? (September 2018) #220719
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Veronika,

    I just listened to the clip of “Dance of the Night”, and it is SO beautiful! Thanks so much for telling us about it.

    To others in our harp community– Let us know what’s on your music stand!

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? (September 2018) #220686
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hello!

    I am the originator of the “Music Stand” idea. I haven’t started one of these threads in a long while, but it was always fun to do so!

    I’m working on new arrangements of some standards–“Embraceable You” and “When I Fall in Love”.

    You have a lot on your plate (or stand), Sonya! What do you like the most of what you’re learning?

    Veronika–What is “Dance of the Night” like, and what kind of event would it be suitable for?

    in reply to: Do you name your harp? #220558
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Yes! I have a wonderful Dusty 36S in maple named “Gabriel”.

    in reply to: Angelus – Renie #219699
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    As a long time poster on Harp Column I also agree that Carl’s post was not insensitive. Also, he has been contributing on this forum for many years and has provided much guidance and help to the harp community.

    in reply to: Catholic Mass #216876
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Sharon,

    Thanks so much for your help!
    I would certainly be interested in any old folk songs you could share. Would you email me at box1orbox4@comcast.net?

    in reply to: Catholic Mass #216873
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Sharon,

    I was thinking of playing Celtic harp at a Mexican restaurant. What songs do you play while there, besides “Cielito Lindo” and “Guantanamera”?

    Jerusha

    in reply to: best advice you were given? #216223
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Balfour and Healthy!

    Great advice. I avoid playing for free simply to accommodate someone’s pre-conceived notion that, unlike other vendors, musicians do not need to be paid.

    And Healthy, your words remind me of my teacher, who always advised that simple music played beautifully is vastly superior to complex music played poorly.

    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Jerusha Amado.
    in reply to: Dr. Carrol McLaughlin #215800
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Wow. That’s a neat photo! Thanks for sharing, Carl.

    in reply to: Dr. Carrol McLaughlin #215745
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Kathy,

    I knew that she had been seriously ill over the last few years, but it’s still sad that she’s gone. I had a difficult time performing today at a Sunday brunch; it was hard not to think of her.
    Wow—I knew she had won the first Lyon and Healy jazz festival but didn’t know that Park was there competing at age 7!!

    in reply to: Christmas 'concert' for family – set list???? #213191
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Another good book of Christmas tunes is Angi Bemiss’Lead Sheet Basics Book III–Holiday. Simple melody and chords for 20 Christmas songs in lead sheet format plus a lovely arrangement of each.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 973 total)