Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Basel Sara's Passing #228419
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Basel had a bicycle accident last winter when his bike hit a patch of ice and he fell, hurting his shoulder. He had surgery on it and then rehab but he did not think that he received adequate care and was not recovering well. Basel was a talented musician but what made him special was his tender heart for others. I am so terribly saddened by this news.
    He posted often over the years on harpcolumn.com under the name “Mr-S”. His kindness and compassion showed through many of his posts. I will miss him so much!

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #227174
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thanks, Jackie, for the tip!

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #227162
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jackie,

    That sounds like an interesting piece! Where can it be found?

    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    If anyone else would like more information on this arrangement, please feel free to email me!

    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Evolene,

    I remember as a child listening to Mason play this guitar piece on the TV show, “The Smothers Brothers” and it made a huge impression on me; it’s such a cool tune!
    Writing this arrangement was on my bucket list of things to do as a musician. I wrote it to closely follow the solo guitar part and designed the left hand to emulate an acoustic bass and to give it more of a hip feel.
    Please email me if you’re interested in more information about it.

    • This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Jerusha Amado.
    in reply to: Heartland Pedal Harp – Starlight????? #225326
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    O.K. Thanks, Erin, for getting back to me on this!

    in reply to: Heartland Pedal Harp – Starlight????? #225103
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Erin,

    When you say that there is an adjustment to the lightweight aspect of the harp, can you elaborate? Was is more difficult to play than a conventional pedal harp?

    in reply to: Heartland Pedal Harp – Starlight????? #225065
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I would like to hear more about the Starlight also. One question that I have is whether it is difficult to play, given that it is 6 feet tall and weighs 38 pounds. In other words, is it tippy while it’s being played?

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224605
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Veronika,

    Bernard Andres is wonderful! Have you heard of Megan Metheny’s “Bernard’s Christmas” music book, where she weaves his works into Christmas tunes? It’s suitable for pedal and lever harp.

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224565
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Annie,

    Thanks for writing! It’s so wonderful that you’re working on such beautiful Spanish music for the ukelele! I didn’t know that something that complicating could be played on that instrument.
    Does anyone know if “Caprico Arabe” has been arranged for the harp? If so, could you post a link?

    Hi Alison,

    Which sonatas are you working on, and what is their level of difficulty?

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224513
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Philippa,

    Thank you for posting the video of Alice. She is wonderful! You are so fortunate to have the ability to study with her.
    It’s good to hear that you are at the conservatorium and that your mum is well!

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224478
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Rachel,

    Thanks so much for the links! I will check them out. I just love Kathryn Cater’s work; it’s wonderful for gigs.

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224477
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Philippa,

    I’m not familiar with Salzedo’s “Whirlwind”, so I looked it up on YouTube. Here is a link to the video for anyone who would like to hear what it sounds like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoZfmeP9Xvw

    You have progressed so much over the last 10 years! Are you still in Adelaide and how is your mum doing?

    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224432
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Rachel,

    You listed some great-sounding books that are unknown to me! I went to Kathryn’s website and saw “A Walk in the Woods”. Is this the book that you have? Also, where did you find Lauren Scott’s music books?

    • This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Jerusha Amado.
    in reply to: What's on your music stand? January 2019 #224430
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Tonya,

    Concerning the first piece you listed–“Harp Sonata in c minor”–did you mean to list “Dussek” as the composer?

    I love Hasselman’s “Feuilles D’Autumn”; it’s one of the first intermediate-level pieces I learned back in the day.

    You bring up an excellent point, that some harp music sounds quite good at slower speeds. I have played pieces at a lower tempo as background music for gigs because I didn’t have time to bring them up to the recommended tempo and was reasonably certain that the audience was unfamiliar with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 973 total)