new arrangement for the iconic guitar tune, "Classical Gas"!

Posted In: Repertoire

• Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #224639

Hi Everyone!

I have great news! My new harp arrangement of the wonderful pop tune “Classical Gas” by Mason Williams is for sale and is available now. Here is a link to a YouTube video of the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHgNqbdBKs
    My arrangement is intermediate- level and lever changes have been kept to a minimum. Please email me at box1orbox4@comcast.net for more information!

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Jerusha Amado.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Jerusha Amado.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Jerusha Amado.

Participant
    Evolène on #225419

Hey Jerusha!

I fell in love with the duet that Mason Williams plays with Deborah Henson-Conan, really good stuff. Is your adaptation closer to the solo guitar part, or did you also include a different harp part?

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #225575

Hi Evolene,

I remember as a child listening to Mason play this guitar piece on the TV show, “The Smothers Brothers” and it made a huge impression on me; it’s such a cool tune!
    Writing this arrangement was on my bucket list of things to do as a musician. I wrote it to closely follow the solo guitar part and designed the left hand to emulate an acoustic bass and to give it more of a hip feel.
    Please email me if you’re interested in more information about it.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  Jerusha Amado.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #225909

If anyone else would like more information on this arrangement, please feel free to email me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.