harpcolumn

Heartland Pedal Harp – Starlight?????

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Heartland Pedal Harp – Starlight?????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tanyanoel
    Participant

I just saw an ad for Heartland’s pedal harp the Starlight, and it is only 38 lbs! I was wondering if anyone has played one of these or seen them in person, I had never heard of this model before.

I should also add I am NOT currently looking to purchase one, I am thrilled with my current harps, I am just curious to hear peoples thoughts!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I would like to hear more about the Starlight also. One question that I have is whether it is difficult to play, given that it is 6 feet tall and weighs 38 pounds. In other words, is it tippy while it’s being played?

erin-wood
    Participant

I have played on one and it is an adjustment to how light it is. I would not say it is tippy, but it is different. Their lever harps do feel a bit tippy because they are so light. Like if you do a gliss downwards you kind of take the harp with you. But the pedal harp has enough weight that it doesn’t do it. The tension and feel of the strings is pretty similar.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Erin,

When you say that there is an adjustment to the lightweight aspect of the harp, can you elaborate? Was is more difficult to play than a conventional pedal harp?

erin-wood
    Participant

No I would not say it is more difficult to play that a regular pedal harp. It just is an adjustment that it can feel like it moves around more easily in response to playing the strings.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

O.K. Thanks, Erin, for getting back to me on this!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies