Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61449
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Allison,
    “The Butterfly” is a great tune! Thanks so much for sharing the videos!
    Let us know what you think of “Stairway to Heaven” after you learn it.
    Everybody’s bringing up some awesome harpists/arrangers: Laurie Riley, Sylvia Woods,Kim Robertson, Bouchard–so inspiring!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61446
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Deb,
    Wow! You’ve been busy!
    Could you talk more about Carolan’s Concerto? How long is it? Difficulty? Is it basically one tempo or does it have variation in tempi?
    Have you had a chance to work through any of the songs in the Pieces Classiques Vol. 5 book (Bouchard)?
    Isn’t it just wonderful to have several harps that you can use for different pieces so that you create the right sound for each work?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61445
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Allison,
    Who is the composer of “The Butterfly” and what is the song like?

    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb!
    I did stop the threads because of the Music Stand feature, but I miss them too!
    I care about how things are going with you and the rest of the folks on the forum! I’ll start another thread right now.

    in reply to: Slap bass #60120
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Patricia, Here’s a video of Becky’s. The left hand at the 12:56 mark is what you may have in mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9Md6H4-fY

    in reply to: Slap bass #60117
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer, I love that video too! I thought that there were slap basses in there (boom chuck, not flat octaves) , but I ran through it rather quickly late last night.
    I do think that the electric aspect of the harp gives it a jazzy percussive sound.

    in reply to: Hi from Basel #112238
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I too think of him often! Diane, please tell him that we love him also and will continue to pray for him!

    in reply to: What is in your gig book? #61396
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    That’s a great idea, to have some music for the kids! While at gigs I’ve been asked several times recently by some elementary school age children to play something age-appropriate for them, but had nothing under my fingers!

    in reply to: New Harp Car!! #76106
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Beautiful color! So glad that it’s working out for you!

    in reply to: play from chord symbols? #112032
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Almost everything that I do at gigs is improv. from lead sheets. Improvisation helps me to maintain my pop and jazz skills and also my interest in what I’m playing, primarily because I play each song differently every time. And audiences seem to love it!

    in reply to: question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp #68016
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thanks, Barbara and Sherj! I’ll check into your suggestions.

    in reply to: question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp #68013
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I realize that some of you are trying to be humorous, but I still could use a light dust cover for the Dusty. I am looking for responses from people who have found a dust cover for another brand of lever harp that happens to fit a Dusty 36 reasonably well.

    in reply to: question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp #68008
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I do know that I can have one custom made, but I need to obtain one rather quickly. Do you (or anyone else) know of a lever dust cover made by Lyon and Healy or Salvi that would fit a Dusty 36 reasonably well? (length down to the feet and wide enough so that it closes easily–better that it be a little oversized than too snug)

    in reply to: Music Stand Light #145042
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Barbara,

    I could use a new light.

    in reply to: Triplett Eclipse vs. Dusty 36S #155434
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Maya,

    One of the harpists in my ensemble group has a Dusty 36S in walnut.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 973 total)