Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61483
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Kreig,
    I’ll go over to YouTube and see what I can find. Thanks!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61481
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Sherj,
    I meant to type “My Song in the Night” by Rhett Barnwell. Could you describe it and tell me if it’s a single piece or part of a collection?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61479
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Sherj,
    I’m not familiar with “A Song of the Wind” but I love the title. Could you describe more about the song? Is it a single piece or part of one of Rhett’s collections?
    Our harp ensemble will be playing Celtic tunes next week in honor of St. Patty’s–nothing difficult but a lot of fun.
    I’m happy to hear about your progress!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61477
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,
    I’ve never heard of this gentleman until today when I went to find a video of the song that you and Tony love. I will check out his website!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61475
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,
    I’ll go over to YouTube to see if I can find a video of “Lament of Tristan”.

    I think that this is it!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61473
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Tony,
    I’m glad to hear from you!
    What you’re doing with “Stairway” sounds fascinating! Any chance you would put the completed song on YouTube?
    I originally was going to stick to exactly what Sylvia wrote but, as usual, I am rearranging it! Her arrangement, though, helps provide a framework for me so that I don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
    I think that I have an arrangement or two of Paul Baker’s. “Moon River” is such a wonderful piece. Are you arranging it for pedal or lever harp? Are you still playing pop/jazz on the lever harp, or have you switched to the pedal for those genres?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61471
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Kreig,
    Very interesting!! Thank you for sharing your experiences!
    In the interests of accuracy, I should have referred to you as a symphonic band harpist as opposed to an orchestral harpist!
    Thanks also for posting the thread on inaudible harp parts.
    I really enjoy reading about the varied experiences of our wonderful community!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61467
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    …..where nobody will hear a note of the harp….
    Kreig,
    As an orchestral harpist, does it ever bother you when this is the case? (It may not with Mars because the harp part is so small, but does this ever happen to you with larger harp parts?) Is more amplification of the harp needed or should the conductor tone down the projection of the rest of the orchestra?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61466
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Briggs,
    You have a lot on your plate! But, everything that you’re working on (harp, organ, voice) must be very rewarding for you.
    I read on another thread that you would love to buy a harpsichord! (If so, what brand would you buy?)
    It’s good to realize when you need to step away from a piece for a while. I suspect that our brains continue working anyway, but with more efficiency, free from the bombardment of data with which we sometimes fill our minds. Do you ever find that when you go back to the piece after a hiatus, you can play it with greater ease?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61463
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Emma,
    I know how it feels to be in pain. I used to suffer for years with tendinitis, but I read the book The Musician’s Way by Gerald Klickstein and began to apply the principles in it (more exercise, stretches, much more frequent breaks, etc) and am now feeling a lot better.
    I can’t imagine giving up the harp. That must have been hard to hear!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61461
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Emma,
    Those Salzedo pieces should be a delight to play!
    What does “RSI” signify?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61458
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Brook,
    It sounds like you’re working on some great pieces! Will you use Rhett’s hymn for church?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61457
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Kreig,
    How difficult is the harp part for “The Planets”?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61453
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb,
    Is there a YouTube video of “Roslin Castle”? I don’t know the song, but would love to hear it!
    Keeping a number of songs going is a struggle for me as well! These days I run through 50 songs (in rotation–averaging about 5 per day) just to keep them from degrading. (I need this many for gigs when they come up.) It’s somewhat frustrating because I know that I could be learning a lot more new material if I didn’t have to play these pieces through every once in a while.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61451
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Andee,
    It’s wonderful that you’re arranging your own music! Did you have any training in this? Do you create the arrangements in your head and then play them by memory, or do you write them down and then play from the written music?

    It would be neat to play together!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 973 total)