Gretchen Cover

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 866 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Okay, here’s a new one…. #62924

    David,

    You are putting yourself back in a position of negotiating, Tell the bride both of you agreed on your arrangement, that is how you’ve practiced it and that is how you will play it. Tell her the wedding processional will be lovely as it is. The end (again).

    in reply to: Okay, here’s a new one…. #62920

    PS/ You could also let the bride know recordings/videos violate the copyright. No more.

    in reply to: Okay, here’s a new one…. #62919

    David,

    Time to politely say you hope they enjoy hearing the piece at their wedding. You are too busy with other work to put any more time in this piece. They like it, you like it. The end. No more negotiating or trying to please. Nothing will be enough if you let this go on.

    in reply to: the ultimate in harp bling! #78160

    I wonder what the bench and tuning key look like.

    in reply to: Showing off our new harps! #112521

    I am so excited for you! Congratulations! Pls. post a clip on youtube so we can hear what it sounds like. You will have a lot of fun with your new harpl

    in reply to: In Paradisum for harp and organ? #62215

    Whoops, I meant to suggest to Melissa to use Daniel Burton’s harp/ORGAN arrangement of “Processional.” I must have been thinking about my harp/guitar duo when I wrote:)

    in reply to: In Paradisum for harp and organ? #62212

    Melissa, if you cannot find a suitable arrangement, you might want to consider Daniel Burton’s harp/guitar piece “Processional.” There is a video on youtube.

    in reply to: Another kind of wedding #62880

    Sylvia – We figured out the “pacha-thing” was Pachabel’s Canon.

    in reply to: Another kind of wedding #62873

    Sylvia, I am thankful you have high music standards. I don’t think most brides do so it’s up to the musicians to make everything work. I just played a wedding (only to enable my guitar partner to get the job) and musically, the bride was just interested in “that Pacha-thing.”

    in reply to: crying wolf #113511

    I totally agree with you. A simple note goes a long way to keeping up good will….

    in reply to: On the artistry of faking #113504

    So now I know why string players share stands:)

    in reply to: Trolley for Lever Harp #78052

    Mae lives in the UK and needs something inexpensive there. The harp center cart cannot be shipped outside the US.

    Salvi has a combination cover/dolly that fits the Livia model lever harp. A friend has one , and it is great to move the harp plus protect it.

    Also check out Gruv Gear V Cart Solo. Musicians Friend carries it. Watch the video. I would sure think about investing in that cart for a lever harp I moved a lot. Not nearly as inexpensive as the cart system suggested by ENB. I don’t know if it is available overseas.

    in reply to: Which Harp Fits The Following Criteria? #78026

    Were harps of that age strung with lighter (lever harp guage) to begin with? Will the change in tension do anything to the harp? Maybe someone with an older harp knows the answers. Interesting suggestion to restring and certainly less expensive than a new harp. I would certainly try it if it won’t do anything to your harp.

    in reply to: Which Harp Fits The Following Criteria? #78022

    Rozelle,

    I saw from the link above that you must live in South Africa. I would base a big part of my harp decision on how you get your harp serviced. Camac and Salvi are based in Europe so that may narrow your search.

    I bought a Salvi Apollo harp two years ago and love it. It did not need a break-in period and was very playable right out of the box. The Salvi rep said that is true of the Apollo model – not just my harp. My major criteria for a new harp was one that was easy to play and had a full sound that carries well. The sound is very even through all the registers. It is a great all-purpose harp and looks very striking on a stage. I would only buy one that has the “new concept” soundboard. That just came out about two years ago. I am the same height as you.

    If you go to youtube, there are a number of clips with Catrin Finch playing her Apollo.There may be other clips if you use a key word search “apollo harp.” I’m sure you will get a lot of opinions from others who love their harps, as well. It will get down to personal choice and what is available for you. I hope you find a harp soon that you like.

    in reply to: Question about gestures at the harp #89884

    Floraleda Sacchi is another good harpist to watch on youtube. Check out her video of Pistache. It is videoed directly in front of the harp rather than a side angle.

    Sarah, you articulated very well about raising and placing in your post above. (Carl, pls. no more comments specifically about Salzedo. That topic has been beaten to death.)

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 866 total)