David Ice

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 520 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harps and Critters #110586
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Brandi and Rod,

    Yes, roadrunners are real, but they don’t really look like the cartoon version!

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102797
    David Ice
    Member

    Well, in my case, I had no exposure to harp literature whatsoever prior to my 23rd year, so all of my experience has been as a fully formed adult, and not imprinted on a childhood psyche.

    in reply to: GEORGE FLORES UPDATE #162774
    David Ice
    Member

    George,

    You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102781
    David Ice
    Member

    You know, I was playing harp almost the same way she is playing piano a few months ago when I was so doped up on Oxycontin and Fentanyl for back pain.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102773
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Tony,

    Believe it or not, I do agree with many things you say!

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102768
    David Ice
    Member

    Ah, but there’s the rub…..when does something FINALLY fall outside of the definition of “art”?

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102754
    David Ice
    Member

    Oh man…..that was actually better than the brass quintet….but not by much.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102751
    David Ice
    Member

    Steven,

    I have to tell you this……

    I attended a concert many years ago, where Nicanor Zabaleta was going to play Ravel’s Introduction et Allegro.

    in reply to: Harps in the score to Wall-E #110816
    David Ice
    Member

    Carol,

    The CD booklet lists all the acoustic musicians–including Gayle and Katie–as well as these instruments:

    Electric Autoharp

    Aeolian Windharp

    Rendered Harp

    and something called Metal Arppegios.

    It’s a unique combination of acoustic and electronic, but certainly the opening cues are definitely acoustic harps.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102747
    David Ice
    Member

    I am sitting here listening to Thomas Newman’s score to Wall-E.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102732
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Michael,

    I would agree that there is nothing inherently sacred about the harp.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102729
    David Ice
    Member

    Christian, that is DEAD ON…and I swear I’ve heard that piece at a harp conference!!!!

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102725
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Kimberly and Ann,

    Your arguments are thoughtful and well reasoned, and I do agree with much of what you say.

    in reply to: The lesson scam again! #86661
    David Ice
    Member

    Hi Carl,

    I think that people (or “bots”) troll the net in any number of parameters looking for email addresses from any teaching profession to send those out.

    Similarly, I am getting CONSTANT snail mail offers for credit cards, etc., for the American Harp Society!

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102720
    David Ice
    Member

    BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thank you for your courage in posting this.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 520 total)