Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
David Ice
MemberIs there any professional way to refuse to play a part “until a playable part is presented or written?”
David Ice
MemberOh Elizabeth, I feel for you.
David Ice
MemberI saw a modern painting of an orchestra along the same lines…..the Scottsdale Symphony even had a print of it.
David Ice
MemberWhew….judging from the reply, it sounds like my experience was far from unique.
David Ice
MemberMaybe what I should/could do is videotape some of these events, and make sure I get a sound mix that emphasizes these idiots, and give them a DVD of their “special moments” and let them see/hear for themselves.
I’m taping today’s concert, but alas those idiots won’t be in the same seats again….or at least they better not be!
I think you’re right–people are so bombarded with noise that they don’t think beyond their own noses and realize that people are PERFORMING for them and they need to show basic respect and SHUT UP!
David Ice
MemberOh Carl, that is the BEST ONE YET!!!!!
December 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm in reply to: Has anyone performed the Saint-Saens Oratorio de Noel?? #148703David Ice
MemberDo a search about this piece in the archives…..there have been past postings about this.
David Ice
MemberI second Barbara’s suggestions, too.
David Ice
MemberOff topic, I know, but in terms of veggie libel……..
This is a true story………..
When I moved to Arizona in 1990, the legislature had recently passed the “Veggie Hate Crimes
David Ice
MemberPractice those processionals and recessionals until you are blue in the face.
David Ice
MemberOh, all of those are too rich.
David Ice
MemberNow THAT would be an ad for Dr. Scholls!
David Ice
MemberWell, I played 2 performances of it yesterday.
David Ice
MemberAmen, Carl.
David Ice
MemberAnd all it takes is a moving plaid among the violins (during a rehearsal) and the strings disappear, too!
I played a concert in a new hall with blonde hardwood floors…and the slats lined up perfectly with the strings and everything totally disappeared.
-
AuthorPosts