Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
carl-swanson
ParticipantThanks Sam…
carl-swanson
ParticipantAnton- If you want to play Mozart Sonatas on the harp, then play them.
carl-swanson
ParticipantChristine- 6 months of harp lessons will introduce you to the harp world and what is going on in it.
carl-swanson
ParticipantChristine- I’m going to give you the most important suggestion you need to write successfully for the harp.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI’ve never heard of putting a finger on a string just for support, when it’s not even going to play anything.
carl-swanson
ParticipantDearest Jenny- The fact that the student in question has been “taking lessons for several months’ completely outweighs any other consideration as to the qualifications of this woman to teach harp.
carl-swanson
ParticipantFingerings are tricky, and to some extent, personal.
carl-swanson
ParticipantTony- Your absolutely right on all counts.
carl-swanson
ParticipantJuliene- For years a small part of my yearly income was derived by doing regulation trips.
carl-swanson
ParticipantTony- I wasn’t trying to argue with you.
carl-swanson
ParticipantAlicia- What I didn’t understand, and still don’t, is your reference to arpeggios fingered 4-2-3-1.
carl-swanson
ParticipantAlicia- I’m not sure what you are talking about.
carl-swanson
ParticipantTony- Any technique will ultimately feel comfortable because, with enough repetition, we build up muscle memory, and that makes it feel natural and comfortable.
carl-swanson
ParticipantDavid- You’re obviously very well informed about the harp world in general.
carl-swanson
ParticipantGet a new teacher!
-
AuthorPosts