Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
carl-swanson
ParticipantSaul- You’re missing the whole point about using etudes.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI believe you, and I meant no insult.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI’ll be very very VERY curious to see what sort of responses you get to this question.
carl-swanson
ParticipantThe above responses are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!
carl-swanson
ParticipantThe easiest set of Bochsa etudes is the Op. 318, which is called 40 EASY ETUDES.
carl-swanson
ParticipantHey Jacob- Welcome aboard!
carl-swanson
ParticipantOh Sorry, I misread that!
carl-swanson
ParticipantPaul- you were 6 or 7 months pregnant?????
carl-swanson
ParticipantI agree with the above responses.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI agree with the above responses.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI think a lot of people have a false impression of Salzedo harpists as being very close-minded. I know that’s not true. I think that we are/were held to very high standards and very high technical demands, and after coming through that, a lot of other music tends to seem not challenging or interesting enough,
Saul- The first sentence of the above extract from your post is directly contradicted by the rest of the extract.This is exactly the sort of attitude that infuriates me about the Salzedo school.
carl-swanson
ParticipantTacye- Your post reminded me of one of the most fascinating museums in Paris, which almost no one knows about.
carl-swanson
ParticipantAlex- You hit on the core problem in your post, and it’s something I wrote about elsewhere.
carl-swanson
ParticipantTacye’s suggestion is a good one.
carl-swanson
ParticipantI learned the Grandjany version, but later on made some changes, particularly to the ornaments.
-
AuthorPosts