carl-swanson

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,191 through 2,205 (of 2,364 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Video-recording students’ lessons #88469
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    I’ve never tried recording a student’s lesson, but I think it could be a useful tool.

    in reply to: Pedalese #74691
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    There’s a limit to what any technician can do to alter the way the pedals feel.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87357
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Julieanne-

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87342
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Several people, including myself, have mentioned ‘fallback plans’ as part of making career and advanced education decisions.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87341
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Kreig- I finally managed to stop laughing long enough to write this.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87332
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    If I can throw something from my own experience in here. After 10 years of very intensive study, from the age of 18 to 28, I realized that an orchestra position, (which I thought I was training for at the time) was not going to happen.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87321
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    I love the discussion this has generated, and I hope more people put their opinions here as well.

    I understand entirely the philosophical approach to this question.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87314
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Alex- Tell me what you see yourself doing to make a living 10 years from now?

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87310
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Saul- I think your post has a lot of good points, particularly in the first half.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87307
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Hi Hugh- I understand everything that you are saying, and there is something to be said for the all encompassing, full time immersion in music that a musical degree program allows.

    in reply to: Etudes with beginning students #88498
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    I’ll repeat a story here that I know I posted someplace else on this site.

    in reply to: Etudes with beginning students #88496
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    I have an idea where I can find it.

    in reply to: Harp Mothers #88528
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Yes, you should avoid cutting and pasting.

    in reply to: Harp Mothers #88524
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    Tony’s advice is excellent and I second it.

    in reply to: Harp Mothers #88522
    carl-swanson
    Participant

    If I read between the lines of your original post correctly, I think that this mother is a narcissistic personality.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,191 through 2,205 (of 2,364 total)