harpcolumn

The best harp player

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break The best harp player

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Lucien Grujon….he was my grandfather.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Paul- you were 6 or 7 months pregnant?????

paul-wren
    Participant

if I were, it’s a surprise to me!

carl-swanson
    Participant

Oh Sorry, I misread that!

unknown-user
    Participant

Have You heared the new CD of

Catrin Finch! Easily the best classical harpist I’ve heard in a long, long time 🙂

unknown-user
    Participant

Heidi Lehwalder’s landmark recording with the Orpheus Trio is now available on line, at least, at arkiv.com, as a historic rerelease from Vanguard, and is quite inexpensive.

unknown-user
    Participant

I think that some of the best harp players i’ve ever watched or listened to are Dan Yu, Elizabeth Remy, Xavier de Maistre and Judy Lomen. Dan Yu is amazing to watch and listen to and her dynamics are beautiful. She does a wonderful job playing Bachs

Catherine Heise
    Participant

Nancy Lendrim and Jody Guinn are unbeatable in their CD of Salzedo’s music, entitled “Short Stories”.

unknown-user
    Participant

I enjoyed Andreas Vollenweider and Rudiger Oppermann. What do you think?

tony-morosco
    Participant

I find them both interesting, but Vollenweider gets a bit too new agey for me. Oppermann is very, very innovative and not afraid to experiment.

If you like Oppermann check out the album he did with Park Stickney. The two of them really sound good together. Their styles are not the same, but they blend incredibly well.

Vollenweider does what he does very good, but what he does generally puts me to sleep.

unknown-user
    Participant

Tony,

I agree with you.

unknown-user
    Participant

I totally agree about Vollenweider and too much of his music might seem a bit boring. However some peaces (like “Bella donna” for example) are really enchanting!

leonard-lim
    Participant

Isabelle Perrin is pretty fantastic too!

unknown-user
    Participant

Just watch “Xavier de Maistre plays Moldau” on Youtube.Just my opinion,this guy has the whole thing,really great performance on Trnececk arrangement.Bravissimo Xavier!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies