Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75102

    Dear Ms. Strange,

    I don’t owe you or anyone my credentials. After all, really, who are you? I see nothing that explains that to anyone. However, being the forthcoming person I am, I will explain:

    I graduated magna cum laude with a performance degree in organ (B.Mus.) and a music education degree (K-12 music, 7-12 fine arts).

    I received my master’s degree in vocal performance in ’96.

    I have accumulated well over 20 credit hours in both harp and other music-related subjects since then, and continue.

    I have studied

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75098

    I’m not really hiding that well….try looking at my email. It’s not rocket science……and my name isn’t false. It’s my dog’s name. I figure I can post under any name I wish as long as I keep it consistent so people know when I post something it is me…..unlike those…uh hum….crazies that were posting under John and Jane Doe last year. I’m sure you remember them.

    I never attacked you. If you consider that an attack I guess you are a bit of a hot-house flower. And really, Saul, I only expect to be respected by those who are respectful types. Not all are, as you have so plainly shown. In fact, since I’ve been here I’ve noticed that you often have valuable things to offer, and on the other hand you often present yourself as a bit of a bully. Therefore, your respect isn’t something I really crave or would ever expect.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Dragonheart Harp (Heartland harps) #159510

    Carol, you should call Bill Webster. He can give you the name of someone closer to you perhaps where you could hear a McFall, or he can give you names of customers you can call and hear the McFall on the phone….not ideal, but better than nothing. I had a lady from Alaska call me to hear my Webster Cecelia. Bill called me first and asked permission, of course. He is a really nice guy to deal with.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Finger traction, noise, and dryness…help! #151004

    Good tip, Kay. I’m also with Sid on the nail block filer thingy. I use that thing regularly to keep my fingers smooth and the callouses soft.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: changing stringing #151011

    Eric at Camac does too. I think his last name is Pirot, but I’m not sure. He’s a great guy. He showed me how to properly use the doo-hickey for regulation.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75094

    Brook,

    Thank you so much for the offer of the CD. Sure, I’d love it. I play on an Atlantide quite often at my teacher’s home studio. It is absolutely the most beautiful sounding harp I have ever played, and I like the looks as well. But mostly I just love the feel and sound of that harp. I believe she has some recordings on it…..”An Affair of the Harp” is the latest, if I am correct. She also has a CD out of Christmas music with flutist Jeffrey Zook of the DSO called “Comfort and Joy” that is quite stunning.

    I’ve gone down to the symphony when she is playing, and I can always hear her harp soar beautifully when it needs to.

    Yes, I appreciate the cordial dialogue I have had with you, as well. There is never any reason to call for someone’s credentials in civilized discussion on this forum, as far as I am concerned. Everyone is entitled to love their own harp(s) and enjoy the sounds they enjoy. I just get so exasperated at the “L&H is better than Camac” noise that goes on here so often, because for me and many others, it just isn’t true.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75092

    Because the old L&H harps I have played are pretty wonderful, and the most recent I have played have been really buzzy, inconsistent and seem to break quite frequently. I am speaking specifically of a recent 100 and 2 Preludes I have played/play regularly. At the ’08 AHS exhibits I was totally unimpressed by the L&H harps that were on

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75090

    Thanks Andy…..that was a really nice comment.

    Thanks Janice. 🙂

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75089

    I don’t have to answer to you who or what I am. I am stating an opinion. Your opinion is no more valuable or important than anyone else’s on here, Saul. You are a professional harpist. So are tons of other people here. That doesn’t give you entitlement to make blanket statements that are hardly true and are really just your opinion. BTW, just to set things straight in your mind. I am also a highly trained professional musician. My ears probably work as well (maybe better…who knows?

    in reply to: Playing Harp and Secondary Instrument #108621

    Truly, my whole life is that of a musician. I am always and forever practicing something. I play piano, did my bachelor’s on organ and voice and my master’s in voice. As an organ major, I studied harpsichord. I’ve also played and studied flute for many years, and play French horn on the side. None of this interferes with my harp practice. It always comes first. I wedge in the other stuff here and there. I never really concentrate on more than 2 instruments at the same time anyway. For instance, I recently acquired an organ gig so I had to practice my chops on organ for awhile again. But my harp practice is a daily event and takes most of my practice time. I sing everyday on the job, so that keeps my voice in shape. I play the piano everyday too, so that keeps that going. I also play my flute regularly on my job. I love my job. 🙂

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Harp lessons from a violin teacher? #84233

    Yikes!! Unless she is a harpist as well, I can’t see any way at all that this could possibly be a good thing.

    in reply to: Harp lessons from a violin teacher? #84946

    Yikes!! Unless she is a harpist as well, I can’t see any way at all that this could possibly be a good thing.

    in reply to: Harp lessons from a violin teacher? #85456

    Yikes!! Unless she is a harpist as well, I can’t see any way at all that this could possibly be a good thing.

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75083

    Okay….was just wondering. Whenever I’m away (but never for that long) and come home, I always forget how wonderful my harp is. I would hate it to be any other way. I hope you like yours again.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Camac Trianon 47, lyon healy style 23 #75081

    Can you let a harp sit for 2 years and not have a need for string replacement? I’m asking because I really don’t know. I’ve never been in the position not to play my harps like you have been.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 717 total)