harpcolumn

Dragonheart Harp (Heartland harps)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Dragonheart Harp (Heartland harps)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

Thanks Janet.

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Carol: All three of those have great reputations; I have a Thormahlen Serenade myself. But one thing to bear in mind is that with those three makers is that once you’ve decided which you want, you’ll probably have to wait for your harp to be built, as they are smaller operations than Dusty Strings or Lyon & Healy for example, where you have a good chance of finding one in the finish you want already available either directly from them or from a dealer. The good side of this is that

Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

Thanks Andy- yes, I already knew this- I am willing to wait for “my” harp.

Carol, you should call Bill Webster. He can give you the name of someone closer to you perhaps where you could hear a McFall, or he can give you names of customers you can call and hear the McFall on the phone….not ideal, but better than nothing. I had a lady from Alaska call me to hear my Webster Cecelia. Bill called me first and asked permission, of course. He is a really nice guy to deal with.

Briggsie

Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

Thanks Briggsie.

Dennis McKenzie
    Participant

Yes this is a very excitting time for you! I just went through it. I am a professional Studio Potter and form is very important to me. The side profile of the harp and how all of the parts flow into one living scupture moves me very much. I went through many of the same things you did. My choice was the Triplett harp Catalina II with the staved back in Bubinga with maple veneer over there compiste soundboard,

rojean-loucks
    Participant

Carol, you may already have made your choice, but I’ve just joined this forum.

Minnesota Harpist
    Participant

Thanks- I have ordered a harp- decided on the Webster- I love the looks and sound both.

kay-lister

Hi Carol,

I am so glad that you found a harp that you are in love with!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies