barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Music from the Grinch #162923
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Incidentally, they have both a regular and an easy piano edition. In my experience the easy piano version is easier to find and it’s not ultra-simple, like a Big Note edition. There’s enough there to work from.

    in reply to: Music from the Grinch #162922
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I’m not aware of any harp version. The Showstoppers book is for piano. Try any regular music store, not a harp music dealer.

    in reply to: stolen harp #162998
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Ergonomic tuning key, David? They thought it was a hash pipe.

    in reply to: stolen harp #162995
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Not at all, Fairy. I have known people who have had their harps (and cars) removed at gun point. The average thief-type person knows nothing about serial numbers and is not going to fence it to anyone who does, either.

    L&H once told me they had gotten back a gold harp that had been stolen, and the thieves had sawed the column into pieces, thinking it was all gold. They were disappointed.

    Also, I have known of harpists stealing harps, too. There are a few people out there who have to stay out of certain countries now.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145266
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Well, I hope so, but I would take into account that things like the hatch door styling can make a dramatic difference in the harpability of a small car.

    Let us know how it goes.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145263
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >BTW in Australia Corollas are both the hatchback and sedan

    That may not be the same as the Matrix, then. The Matrix was a joint venture between Toyota and Pontiac. Still, it’s definitely worth taking your harp in and giving it a try.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145257
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    The trick is to put the passenger’s seat forward and make sure the back isn’t reclining too much. Then just load normally and swing the base of the harp to the right once it’s in.

    This works fine if your dolly loads separately from the harp. If you have the kind of rig, like a Hartwig, where the harp stays on the cart, it most likely won’t work at all.

    in reply to: You Tube #104179
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    FWIW, my comments were based on the David Watkins edition, which is the one I’m familiar with.

    in reply to: You Tube #104173
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    No, it cannot. But you could adapt the Romance in F fairly easily, although of course it’s still a tough piece.

    in reply to: La Source or Aeolian Harp #111240
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Absolutely La Source. As program music it resonates a lot more with audiences, most of whom don’t even know what an aeolian harp is, so have no idea of what one sounds like.

    in reply to: That first inspiring work…. #86761
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >The soloist is Taka Kling, and the orchestra is the Louisville Symphony.

    I LOVE that recording. Has it ever been released on CD? My LP Is pretty much worn out.

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145252
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Who, me? Thanks, LInda, but I always load my own harp without putting the passenger’s seat down. I need that to strap in my bench, when traveling with a concert grand. For the lever harp I use a folding bench that can slip in behind the passenger seat.

    Or did you mean Gloria rather than me? Yes, that might work for her if the seat will go down all the way.

    in reply to: Can I use fishing line? #166795
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I have known professional harpists who used nylon test line, so yes,it is possible, although I don’t know how the quality control compares with real strings these days.

    in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68576
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I think for sheer chromatic virtuosity, nobody can equal Park Stickney.

    in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68573
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    > I haven’t been able to find the harp with just 7 controlling levers. I wouldn’t mind looking at that more closely. Does anyone have more precise information on where it’s found?

    It is the Dilling Model Harp, which was made by Arslaan Fay. He lost all his tools and equipment in Hurricane Charley a few years ago. I don’t know if he has tooled up to make them again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,501 total)