barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • barbara-brundage
    Participant

    lots of threads here about that:

    https://harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message%5fid=654153

    is a good place to start

    in reply to: Which Harp Trolley Is Best? #71141
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Sorry, I don’t know, Jennifer. I’ve had mine since long before there was an internet. 🙂

    I only know the email address because he posted it here recently in another thread (the one about the harp cart that fell apart and smelled, I think.)

    in reply to: Which Harp Trolley Is Best? #71134
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I should say, though, that the L&H cart has a better turning radius, if doing tight circles is a concern.

    I was going to get a kart-a-bag for my thormahlen, but I discovered I can use the royal cart for that, too, with a longer strap. But if you’re looking to move a lever harp only, I don’t think I’d go for it. It’s great if you play both kinds of harp, though.

    in reply to: Which Harp Trolley Is Best? #71133
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I have the old Royal harp cart made by Roy McLaughlin. He invented the 6-wheel idea, and his cart is better than the copies for a couple of reasons: it lets the harp sit flat on the floor; you can leave the harp on the cart for weeks at a time and it’s totally stable, a real plus when you need to leave the harp in the hall while you search for the room where you’ll be playing.

    It also has lawnmower type handles which let you easily keep the neck of the harp under your arm when moving. To me, this is more stable and safer than just pushing the harp totally in front of you, especially when going up a step. It’s also nice because I can hang my gig bag, maximouse amp, and anderson stand in its case on the handles and get everything in one trip.

    It’s being made now by his grandson, Keith. You can reach him at mac439@qwest.net.

    in reply to: Lever flipping #160571
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Thanks, Anne-Marie.

    in reply to: name this piece? #109777
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Incidentally, if you don’t read French, ‘crepuscule’ means “twilight.”

    in reply to: name this piece? #109776
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Crepuscule from “Feuilles d’automne” by Hasselmans

    in reply to: Follets – Alphonse Hasselmans #85848
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    ignis fatuus is the same thing

    in reply to: Follets – Alphonse Hasselmans #85847
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >means little flames

    It means what is called in English a ‘will-o’-the-wisp.” Look that up, because if you understand that, you will understand the piece.

    in reply to: Morceaux de Concours #85816
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I believe David Day has the complete list, Saul. I seem to remember someone attempting to track down the “missing” pieces from the list, ie. the ones not in print/not played/not really in the literature anymore. She found some of them, but not all, if I remember correctly.

    in reply to: Especially useful musical iPhone apps? #109782
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Louise, I’m curious. I notice that a lot of the reviews of Tempo say it’s as good as Dr. Beat, but can you set patterns like 2 against 3, the way you can with most of the Dr. Beat metronomes?

    in reply to: Especially useful musical iPhone apps? #109780
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    There are tuners, metronomes, multi-track recorders. I like Karajan, an ear training program (there’s a free version).

    in reply to: Follets – Alphonse Hasselmans #85843
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >Hasselmans indicates the melody notes with double stems.

    These are not in the Annie Louise David edition, FWIW.

    in reply to: Stuck harp knot #160024
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Get a nail a little smaller than the hole and push back out from the front side of the soundboard.

    in reply to: Handel Passacalgia #151569
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    They’re pretty close, I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,501 total)