barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Delacour Levers – a new star is born #68623
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Your link takes me to a huge Danish law firm specializing in intellectual property rights,

    in reply to: Too much muscle memory #84261
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Also, get out the metronome and set it to an agonizingly slow tempo. That’s when you can find out just how well it really is in your muscles.

    in reply to: Too much muscle memory #84974
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Also, get out the metronome and set it to an agonizingly slow tempo. That’s when you can find out just how well it really is in your muscles.

    in reply to: Too much muscle memory #85484
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Also, get out the metronome and set it to an agonizingly slow tempo. That’s when you can find out just how well it really is in your muscles.

    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Myself, I wouldn’t tackle Mr. Chaloupka’s stuff on a lever harp. The first Gymnopedie has some fairly tricky levering unless you want obvious gaping holes in that rhythmic left hand. I have an arrangement in my Classics on Request but I’d rate it as Intermediate rather than easy, and I think Sunita has a bit of it in her French Composers book. Possibly one of the Rabens books might have at least the theme of it.

    FWIW, the third Gymnopedie is much easier because there are no lever changes.

    in reply to: custom covers? #75243
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Thanks for all the suggestions. Sherj, what are those slips and gowns like? There aren’t any pictures on his site.

    in reply to: “There is No Rose of Such Virtue” #149189
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Gee, I really don’t know. Maybe someone else will, but that was actually much better known as a poem than a carol before Britten. I know it’s not in the older Oxford Book of Carols, but if your library has the New Oxford Book of Carols it might have made it into that.

    But if they want to add an accmpt to the Joubert version I suppose the best thing would be to figure out the chords from the unaccompanied vocal version, unless someone else here knows of a published arrangement.

    in reply to: custom covers? #75239
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Should have mentioned that I can sew, but my machine isn’t very happy with anything thicker than velvet, so that’s not an option for this.

    in reply to: “There is No Rose of Such Virtue” #149187
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Oh, wait. Do you mean you want a harp arrangement of John Joubert’s setting? I’m not aware of anything except the SATB version. I was thinking of the French poet Jean Joubert, sorry.

    in reply to: “There is No Rose of Such Virtue” #149186
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I’m not sure what you’re asking, Tonie. The poem dates to the fifteenth century, so why Jean Joubert? Maybe you’d get more answers if you could explain a little more about what you want.

    in reply to: Help Identify Harp #75289
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I think it is the Salvi Renaissance, maybe.

    in reply to: self-publishing books about harp #103009
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >They might be OK for sheet music, but for books, I think it would look cheap and flimsy.

    Absolutely! I was just talking about sheet music, not about regular books, although most of those are also cheap and flimsy these days. 🙂

    in reply to: Music Stand Parts #75310
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, that was why I suggested Venus. They had the old fashioned brass shaft with a turning knurl to adjust the height and a very graceful piece to support the back of the desk.

    Not like the current cheaper use-wood-whenever-we can looking stands.

    in reply to: Lever/Tuning Question #108903
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >to me it seems that since most of my music is in C, D or G it might be best to tune with the E, A & B levers engaged, as they will be staying that way

    This shouldn’t be necessary at all if your levers are properly regulated. If a couple got out of regulation during shipping, well the best thing about camac levers is how easy it is to regulate them yourself.

    Karen is right–it will not do your strings any good to tune them with the lever engaged.

    in reply to: Music Stand Parts #75306
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    You might also ask Venus if they have any leftovers they might sell you. They used to make their own stands and they had very nice brass hardware for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,501 total)