harpcolumn

Music Stand Parts

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Music Stand Parts

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My husband builds custom furniture and wants to make me a music stand.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Lydia,
    This doesn’t answer your question directly, but it is pretty interesting – here’s the link to an image search in google for “wooden music stand.”

Has he looked at the Alden Lee website? They make beautiful wooden stands. I have the Regency model. It really is a work of art! http://www.aldenlee.com/musicstands.html

dawn-penland
    Participant

http://www.harpkit.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=bpodi

Here is a link that says the complete hardware package for a music stand is $31.00.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You might also ask Venus if they have any leftovers they might sell you. They used to make their own stands and they had very nice brass hardware for them.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Hi Dawn,

I too have built instruments from Musicmaker’s. They are very helpful, and I second your suggestion. They also have several pdf files you can download and print if you search their site. Lots of helpful information. :-)

Karen

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

Hi Michaeal,

I too was looking at the different styles a while back to. I’d love to find a contemporary looking stand…, something that looks truly different and this one caught my eye:

Isn’t it amazing???

Michaela

Thanks for the replies.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Yes, that was why I suggested Venus. They had the old fashioned brass shaft with a turning knurl to adjust the height and a very graceful piece to support the back of the desk.

Not like the current cheaper use-wood-whenever-we can looking stands.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Michaela,

Thats a very pretty, very modern looking stand.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Michaela,

Oops, looking at it more closely in the actual ad, I see the blurb underneath it says

Michaela Braveman
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    I sent a message to the builder a few weels back, inquiring about availability and pricing for this model in Koa (I am almost afraid to find out how much it would be…, it probably cost a fortune). Never heard back. In addition to the tilt function, I am also wondering about how sturdy it is and whether or not it would hold a binders worth of sheet music. I will write them again…, we’ll see if I get a response.

I just love the way this stands looks…, so different from the rest of them out there and I think it would look way cool next to my Thormahlen Koa Swan….

Michaela

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Michaela,

I’d also be a little concerned about having what seems to be pretty limited height adjustment – what if you’d like a height that’s in between the 3 positions?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.