Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantLike Zen, I have also “met a few Pakistani harps.”
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYou know you’re addicted to harp when you’re driving down the road listening to music (any kind!) and your free hand starts “air harping.”
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI would say that the biggest problem with self teaching is that it’s easy to get into bad (and possibly crippling) habits without a teacher’s guidance.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’ve heard it theorized that the blind harpers of old were able to do what they did because they likely played a “coupled hands” technique, similar to what many harpers today use.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt’s not just a volume issue, it’s a quality of tone issue.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantJust one other thing…normally I would agree that, if you need to upgrade, you could sell a ‘sicle pretty easily.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI agree with Tayce.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantA Ravenna’s probably no longer than a keyboard, but do be aware that harps have…well, for want of a better analogy, really big butts.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantDuh…my bad!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantJust to add…the only difference between the four types of Harpsicles (Regular, Sharpsicle, Flatsicle and Fullsicle)
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantCongratulations on the job!
Owning both, I can say that, from a quality and sound standpoint, the Ravenna would be much preferable to the Harpsicle.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantOne other thing to consider…you said you don’t want to rent, but what about renting to own?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI almost mentioned Blevins myself, but when I checked the “super discounted specials” I didn’t see anything really close to her price range.
Still, it’s worth keeping an eye on, just in case.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI forgot to mention, if you do get a small harp, such as the Harpsicle or Shepherd (a so-called “lap harp”), you’ll want to consider getting a lap bar for it sooner rather than later.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI have a Harpsicle (a basic one…unlevered), and it’s a decent little harp.
-
AuthorPosts