harpcolumn

self study

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists self study

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Harp Lee
    Participant

HI is there anybody self studying harp and take examination up to grade 5?I know it’s really tough to do that, but due to lots of issue such as finding teacher, money problem etc. Self study seems to be the only way so far…..Please share if you have similar experience.

Remark: Actually I have learnt harp before for about a year. But stop due to some personal matter.

Have you tried skype lessons?

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I would say that the biggest problem with self teaching is that it’s easy to get into bad (and possibly crippling) habits without a teacher’s guidance.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Audrey is right about the bad habit part. I am self-taught and have had to break myself of quite a few bad habits starting out. This set me back quite a bit. If you can do Skype that would be best- at least the teacher can tell you if your hand position is wrong. If you can’t, I recommend Pamela Bruner’s DVD’s. She really stresses proper hand

Seoid OC
    Participant

I don’t know of anyone who has studied for grade exams without a teacher.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies