Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThe Irish term for “harper” (And again, these apply to all harpers…not only those who play wire.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThey don’t have to be terribly long.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThe Ardival harps are really nice.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThe strings are considerably closer together than on a lever harp.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantOops!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThere are lots of fee webhosting sites out there.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThere’s “gliss.com,” which is relatively new.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat would make sense.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI am utterly enchanted with the sound. He has a beautiful, resonant, bell-like voice.
I will be taking him with me to my regular lesson on Friday.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantBriggsie…I did check out the Eve case, but my harp is bigger, and of a very different shape (it’s a low-headed harp, based on the Trinity harp of Ireland).
I’m thinking of taking the “make your own” instructions to a local upholstery store (they specialize in making sofa covers and such) and asking if they can make something for me.
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMusicmaker
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAll I really need is something I can carry it in that will keep the worst of the rain off and protect it from minor dings.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI don’t know how the harps were set up in the 1700s, but I’m here to tell you that it’s nearly impossible with a harp set up with the traditional, narrow spacing (not to mention absolute hell on brass wire).
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI checked out Colorado Case Company, but wow…their cases are seriously expensive!
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAnother thing to bear in mind is that, on a traditionally strung wire harp, you CAN’T really use your fingerpads effectively (even if the strings would stand up to the force).
-
AuthorPosts