Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI know that historical wire harps (such as the Trinity — aka “Brian Boru” and Queen Mary) have the low head and curved arch similar to ours.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI don’t actually have a stringing chart.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantSo far I’m still not seeing any widening or lengthening of the cracks.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWell, I didn’t mean to start an argument.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantSorry…I really messed up that embed!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantActually, on the cherry harps (such as my Bard and Liam’s Druid) the laminate is three-ply.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantBy “clàrsach,” do you mean wire harp?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMichael…I wonder if the difference in the types of pegs might make a difference.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWhat kind of levers do you have…do you know?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’m afraid I couldn’t sew to save my soul, but that does raise another possibility:
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYou know, I wonder if the shape of the harmonic curve creates some kind of weakness in this area?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantLiam, a chara, that’s good to hear!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’ll definitely keep everybody posted re the transition.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantUh oh.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’m just starting with the wire harp, but I can tell you what I’ve gleaned from my teacher:
1) Yes, the wire-strung harp is traditionally played with the nails (and it’s the only way to get that really distinctive wire-harp sound).
-
AuthorPosts