Anna Also

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Benjamin Britten Harp Suite #150332
    Anna Also
    Participant

    My favorite movements are the first, and the Hymn (ode to st denio). I haven’t quite gotten around to the rest of them…

    in reply to: Looking at Colleges #166512
    Anna Also
    Participant

    Hi,
    I currently attend Providence College in RI, as a music ed major with a concentration in harp. It is a small catholic school with a small but strong music program, as well as a very strong liberal arts program (i believe our business school was recently accredited as well). I too was not keen on a conservatory and looked into other smaller liberal arts schools with music programs like Duquesne (in pittsburg) Susquehanna, Bucknell, The College of New Jersey (the harp teacher is apparently very good) and University of Delaware.
    Good Luck!!

    in reply to: Silhouette #71434
    Anna Also
    Participant

    I was also looking at the Silhouette… Does anyone know how it compares to the Camac Blue 30 string harp?
    ~Thanks

    in reply to: Ever have a nightmare involving your harp? #162408
    Anna Also
    Participant

    I must say the wierdest harp dream i had was when i first started playing. In my dream

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165597
    Anna Also
    Participant

    Its funny that guys should doubt their numbers in the harp area of interest. Grandjany, Salzedo, even Harpo Marx–the three most famous harpists of all time are male. Brian Boru, unifiyer of Ireland and Guiness both chose the harp as a symbol. I’m not a guy but I believe it is an instrument that anyone can learn and master.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)