harpcolumn

Looking at Colleges

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists Looking at Colleges

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alice Smyth
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about certain colleges that have a range of business, liberal arts, and maybe even a music program in the school.

Montclair State College in New Jersey comes to mind, also NYU.

Anna Also
    Participant

Hi,
    I currently attend Providence College in RI, as a music ed major with a concentration in harp. It is a small catholic school with a small but strong music program, as well as a very strong liberal arts program (i believe our business school was recently accredited as well). I too was not keen on a conservatory and looked into other smaller liberal arts schools with music programs like Duquesne (in pittsburg) Susquehanna, Bucknell, The College of New Jersey (the harp teacher is apparently very good) and University of Delaware.
    Good Luck!!

Fairy Reel
    Participant

Furman University in South Carolina is good (though I know out of your range!) maybe look into Fordham or NYU? And Boston University, Rutgers, Belmont University (in Nashville)….I suppose

Alice, consider University of Rochester, in upstate New York. I went to the Eastman School of Music which is the music part of that University, and it suited me just fine. However, there are several Nobel prize winners on the faculty of the rest of the highly rated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.