harpcolumn

William Walton Crown Imperial (Original 1937 version)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists William Walton Crown Imperial (Original 1937 version)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi,

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi Clinton,

It’s the: Crown Imperial (Coronation March)[ Full version/ full orch] 1937.
    3[1.2.3/pic] 3[1.2.Eh] 3[1.2.bcl] 3[1.2.cbn] — 4

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Fearghal- I was wondering if you were familiar with the piece from hearing it.

I don’t think there are many places in it where the harp parts are too prominent, so you might get away with cutting and pasting from the score and come up with a result that was satisfactory.

It’s a wonderful piece!

I have scanned my part and sent it to you. I believe it is the one you are looking for, but I am not 100% sure, so perhaps you could check it with the score first before you play it. As I recall, most, if not all, of it is totally buried in the orchestration.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi Sherry,

Yes, I am familiar with the piece – but as the revised version, not the original. I have been listening online to the original version so as to find the differences etc. I love Walton’s works – esp this and Belshazar’s Feast.

I have managed to get a part from someone on here now so all is saved 😀

Now to learn it… …

Fearghal

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Perfect!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies