harpcolumn

Why I should practice ? Why I should be prepared ?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Why I should practice ? Why I should be prepared ?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

Basel- I breathed a sigh of relief seeing your post. I hadn’t heard from you for so long. Thank God you are OK.

Is there any way that you can ship the harps out of the country for safe keeping? Do you have the wood trunks as well as the harps? If you can get someone to ship them out of the country, I have a friend in Dubai who has already agreed to store them until your life is settled wherever you will be. Can you get to Dubai yourself? She may be able to help you get a job there. Not playing the harp, but something. If you can find a way of getting the harps shipped to her, maybe we can start a fund here to pay the shipping. That would be a big start to the next stage of your life.

Practicing for me has always been a refuge from unhappiness. Maybe it can be that for you now too.

donna-missigman
    Participant

Basel,
    Please know there are people in the world who are praying for you and your country. Columns like this one that connect us from so far away are a blessing for all of us. Carl’s idea to somehow get your harps out of the country sounds wonderful, if it’s possible. As for practicing, maybe it would help to think of just making music for the simple joy of it. Not practicing in the sense of work, but music for what it was meant to do – to heal our souls.
    We are praying the war will end soon and you can move on.
    Donna

Dear Basel, I cannot imagine what you are going through. Keep playing your harps as long as they are there with you. It must help to hear something beautiful amidst all the chaos, and it must be soothing to those around you as well. Keep some lovely tunes in your repertoire, in case you have to play for someone who might be able to influence things in your favour. You never know! Some day this will be over, and people will want to listen to music to help heal the wounds.
    We are all watching the situation in Syria with horror, wishing it would end. Our thoughts are with you all the time.

I do not know what your options are or could be, if Lebanon could be any better, or Turkey, but as far as I know, when it comes to the U.S. and Immigration, the better the lawyer you have here, the better your chances. It is very hard to get in as an Exceptional Person, but there are other categories and techniques used. If your brother will sponsor you, that should help.

mr-s

Mr Saul what do you mean in (people have been through even worse and survived, so keep your vision on a better future) ? I beg of you to have a mercy on me, I am in a horrible suffer since 2 years, I am not in any advices,I don’t know if you will be my place what to say, I said before my words I am Writing here is not enough to express the situation, I need a help from any musical organization to get a support and invitation to get the USA visa .

mr-s

I asked a help of a friend of mine he is from USA,studied with me in Russia, and he tried his best to ask harpists he knows to help me to get in USA as a student or to find me in another country a Hotel gig, dears I had lost every thing , have no records for me in my hands every thing there, and turned into ashes, and all the records I did in the Hotel gone there too, I had lost every thing belong to my age 36 , can anybody imagine that? I got answer through him from the harpists to send or to make a good quality record, how? In the place I’m living I can’t open the trunk and hold the harp, I live in a very small place, I can’t practice, in 8 month I practiced about 6 times, is it enough for an amateur record not for a professional, I am not living in luxury or comfortable to wake up with a cup of nescafe and start a very fruitful day of practice I used to do in our destroyed house in my destroyed home City .

mr-s

Sorry for being Stressed I’m my last tow answers, many thanks to every body .

Dear Basel,
    Is there a musical organization where your brother is in the US
    who could help with a visa? I believe you wrote your
    parents and sisters can come to the USA. Is it not possible
    for you to find asylum in the USA as well?

The pain and loss you’ve experienced is unimaginable. Do what
    you can to comfort yourself in a terrifying situation–play,
    connect, remember that people care about you. Hope
    seems buried but maybe you can think awhile each day
    of happier times and how you’d like the future
    with your brother to be . Have you felt like playing
    the harp again? I understand the difficulty with recording
    an audition tape. It’s unlikely, but I wonder if anyone
    has even a tiny recorder you could post to youtube.com
    Those who could help could see and hear you.
    (Of course, we do not want you to endanger yourself
    if you are in hiding).

You and your countrymen matter greatly to us.

Prayers for peace,
    Anita

What I mean is, as bad as it is, there are even worse things, so there is always some tiny thing to see as good. As I said, from all I hear, to get in here depends on having a person to sponsor you and to have, most of all, a very good lawyer, which, sadly, means money to spend. Canada may be a different story, or

kay-lister

Mr. S.

Praying for you and your family as well as your country.

mr-s

Dear Anita thank you so much, my brother is not in contact with music and musicians, I have been told from a friend of mine Syrian Vocalist that she was invited to make a concert, and in real she didn’t but got the visa, and told me that a harp organization or a harp concert invitation could be a reason to get the Visa, when the peace will come and don’t know when I will have no place in my country, because to build every thing destroyed take minimum 5 years to rebuild, so sad and frustrating situation .

HI Basel,
    There is a Turkish Harp Association who were at the World Harp
    Congress. Perhaps those neighbors could offer information.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies