harpcolumn

Which transport cover to buy?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Which transport cover to buy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

I recently bought a pedal harp (L&H Style 30!), but it didn’t come with a transport cover, and I would like to buy one.

The Lyon & Healy concert grand size transport cover set is $675 on The Harp Connection, and on harp.com.

I’ve also found a company called Four Seasons that makes transport covers, and a full set from them would cost around $330.

Does anybody know of other companies that make transport covers? Which cover would you recommend buying, and why? I’d rather spend $330 than $675, but I want to make sure I’m getting a good cover.

Thanks!

kreig-kitts

Carl Swanson has a harp cover now. He discusses it in this forum. I’ll think of it if I purchcase a new cover in the near future. A lot of harp covers don’t fold well, so when they’re not on the harp they take up a ton of room. His would also allow you to open it where you want to via ties instead

poppy-rose
    Participant

I have bought a cover from four seasons. It was the fully padded one. It was very well made, and the fit was perfect. I also bought the 45.00 base cover. It’s not fully padded, but it’s really all you need for protection, as the cover goes all the way down to the floor. The base cover just enables you to set it down outside while loading and unloading, without getting the bottom of your harp dirty.

I also have a transport cover from Lyon and Healy for my 85GP, and while it is a bit better, I don’t think I would say its $345.00 better!

catherine-rogers
    Participant

They all make good covers but I will say one thing for the Lyon & Healy ones: they are not waterproof but they are very water-repellant. My harp (and I) were caught in a major downpour. I was soaked and the cover looked very wet, but inside it was totally dry. As long as the harp was protected, it didn’t matter that I looked like a drowned rat. When you spread the cover out over some chairs or something, it dries rather quickly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies