harpcolumn

Which edition of the Handel Concerto do you play?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Which edition of the Handel Concerto do you play?

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author

I play from the Pasveer edition and highly recommend it. Her fingerings are also a brilliant basis. I agree with Elizabeth Volpe Bligh that this is the edition to have – if you have no other, get this, as you get the original urtext plus (on a seperate stave) helpful suggestions for ornamentations, which you can use or not! Or use your own – it’s lovely having them on a seperate stave as then they don’t interfere with the original. I really love her second movement suggestions too, and do most of them. Having tried the piece on the welsh triple harp (for which it was written) it’s nice to be able to get closest to the same sound, without the confusion of the 3 rows of strings! Definitely recommend Pasveer. However, I’m glad I learnt the Grandjany whilst in my teens as it was so lush!

eliza-morrison
    Participant

I learned the Lawrence version, but find it too spare for me. I love the Grandjany candenza.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies