harpcolumn

What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Fairy Reel
    Participant

I agree, totally the Arianna is my favorite. I also love the Minerva (but in mahogany) and the Arion. I actually don’t like any of the L&H, really. I like simplicity, but the 30 and the Salzedos are to stark for my taste.

I love the Camac Athenas in a Cherry finish!

(You know, I saw a very interesting harp in the movie “Shanghai Knights”. It looked like a gilded Salvi Apollo. That was very beautiful…)

I also love most antique harps.

I just had my last lesson on my teacher’s Arianna. It has a beautiful bass, but I don’t care for it much. It doesn’t really project too well but….it looks FABULOUS though.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I still haven’t gotten over that ’40’s Salzedo that was on the L&H website a couple months ago. Doesn’t anyone know who bought it?

unknown-user
    Participant

I heard tell that Jack’s “Blue” is

barbara-low
    Participant

I don’t know about Jack’s “Blue”, but HarpsEtc. does have a Louis XV Special, built in the 20’s, that Jack owned. It has Jack’s “famous Peacock finish,” according to the advertisement. “The body is a teal color that changes with the light.”

It would be fun to see and play.

c-k
    Participant

I saw and played it

Charles
    Participant

I still really dig the Salvi Scolpita in walnut, it’s so organic yet classy looking and masculine.

I’d mentioned this insturment a while back in here

unknown-user
    Participant

Judging solely from the picture on the web (I’ve never seen this in person), I’d go for the Petutschnig Modell I, which is a single-action harp.

katerina
    Participant

I don’t like pedal harps, but there’s only one pedal harp in the world I change my triple for: http://www.thurau-harps.com/harps/jde_gabriel.htm

christopher-molloy
    Participant

Camac Electroharp 36sting. It sticks out! Big and Blue!

unknown-user
    Participant

How much are they asking for it?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies