column

What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Fairy Reel
    Participant

I agree, totally the Arianna is my favorite. I also love the Minerva (but in mahogany) and the Arion. I actually don’t like any of the L&H, really. I like simplicity, but the 30 and the Salzedos are to stark for my taste.

I love the Camac Athenas in a Cherry finish!

(You know, I saw a very interesting harp in the movie “Shanghai Knights”. It looked like a gilded Salvi Apollo. That was very beautiful…)

I also love most antique harps.

I just had my last lesson on my teacher’s Arianna. It has a beautiful bass, but I don’t care for it much. It doesn’t really project too well but….it looks FABULOUS though.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I still haven’t gotten over that ’40’s Salzedo that was on the L&H website a couple months ago. Doesn’t anyone know who bought it?

unknown-user
    Participant

I heard tell that Jack’s “Blue” is

barbara-low
    Participant

I don’t know about Jack’s “Blue”, but HarpsEtc. does have a Louis XV Special, built in the 20’s, that Jack owned. It has Jack’s “famous Peacock finish,” according to the advertisement. “The body is a teal color that changes with the light.”

It would be fun to see and play.

c-k
    Participant

I saw and played it

Charles
    Participant

I still really dig the Salvi Scolpita in walnut, it’s so organic yet classy looking and masculine.

I’d mentioned this insturment a while back in here

unknown-user
    Participant

Judging solely from the picture on the web (I’ve never seen this in person), I’d go for the Petutschnig Modell I, which is a single-action harp.

katerina
    Participant

I don’t like pedal harps, but there’s only one pedal harp in the world I change my triple for: http://www.thurau-harps.com/harps/jde_gabriel.htm

christopher-molloy
    Participant

Camac Electroharp 36sting. It sticks out! Big and Blue!

unknown-user
    Participant

How much are they asking for it?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.