harpcolumn

What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s your favorite-looking harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I like stripes as a visual effect, so I’ve drooled over the Horngaucher Casseopia (black & white striped column).

unknown-user
    Participant

Lyon and Healy 23 in Gold. I’ll never get one….boohooohooo

I admit I have gaudy tastes…

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Victor,

I love the look of the Salzedo and the Arianna, but another concert grand that looks beautiful to me is the Salvi Apollonia–gorgeous color to the wood and not too much in the way of gold decoration.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, Victor,

I like Salvi Diana in mahogany in matte finish.

unknown-user
    Participant

In folk harps I like the high headed ones. Before I started playing I always lusted after the low-headed type but ended up buying a high-headed one. Go figure…Now I love all tall harps. I think they are much more emotive, to me anyway.

Pedal harps all look the same to me…Lol! But I do have to say I think the ornate ones more often than not look heavy like wedding cakes. I like gold trim but not fully gilded harps. I’m also a strictly blonde or black harps. The brown ones just don’t do it for me. The Camac Clio is my pick for pedal harp. It’s sweet and petite and I love it in maple.

unknown-user
    Participant

Lever Harp; I like the Triplett Eclipse (Bubinga) the most, and I did a lot of looking around. I’m not trying to be biased, but I won’t lie: aesthetics played a roll in addition to sound and feel. I can honest say that after all the lever harps I examined and test-played, the Eclipse is still at the top of my list. I like the sleek lines and how the column reminds me of a taught bow, reading to unleash its musical arrows to the wind. Hehe.

For a lap harp, I kind of like the Belvins Phoenix 29. (Black) I don���t know why… there is just something about the embellished arch and unconventional design. But I don’t think I could

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

Dave,

Doyou have pictures you can share with all of us?

unknown-user
    Participant

I like the Venus Aria, and I would love to see the L&H 11 without the gold.

unknown-user
    Participant

Ok, I have the right to change my mind.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have to change my preference. The Barberini harp by Eric Harps is THE harp I’ve been dreaming of. Ancient, beautiful and sounds divine.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I love Carl’s La Scoula in

unknown-user
    Participant

I think I have to agree about the Erard Gothics. They are pretty nice. Much finer and smaller than modern grand concerts and after hearing one on youtube I think I like their sound better too. I’m a big fan of a bright sound which says “harp” to me. Some of the modern pedal harps sound identical to piano’s and I think what’s the point?

Carl I also agree about your Art Nouveau model. I remember seeing that online a while ago and drooling. It’s so beautiful and so different to everyone elses harps. It’s about time someone started making harps other than the classic victorian look.

unknown-user
    Participant

Definitely the Salvi Minerva in Ebony.

Owosso Harpist
    Participant

My favorite looking harp is the L&H style 15, Venus Encore, and, as of late, The Nancy Rae lever harp.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

My favorite concert harp is hands down the Salvi Arianna.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.