harpcolumn

What’s on your music stand? Fall 2011

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s on your music stand? Fall 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

<>

It sounds terrific!

unknown-user
    Participant

It’s awesome that you can make your own arrangements, that’s a gift! I’m still learning so I’ve figured out the melody of a few tunes by ear, but they’re usually not whole. I do find that certain songs I can figure out easier than others. Perhaps it has to do with intervals?

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I honestly don’t know what makes some things easier.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Happy to see you here!

I’d forgotten about “Wexford Carol”.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Philly here.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Philly (love your nickname!)

You’ve spelled “Esquisse” correctly.

Are you referring to “Etude de concert in Eb”?

The “Adagietto” piece that you mentioned sounds intriguing.

cc-chiu

I’m currently working on Danses D’ Automne #2 and #3, ‘Rondo’ by Bochsa (in pieces classiques #5) and ‘Flying to the Fleadh’ as arranged by Grainne Hambly. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a lesson for several months – I was supposed to get a new student-teacher but she hasn’t contacted me yet….

As you see, it’s very difficult for me to stick to just one piece :). I’d love to start on the new sheet music I ordered a while ago (Handel concerto for lever harp, Minstrel’s Adieu) and I’m already thinking about ordering more (Arabesque 2 for lever harp, Amarantes by Andres just to see what it looks like) —- but at the moment, I can still restrain myself :).

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Philly here again.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Jerusha, yep, you’re right. I was thinking Floraleda Sacchi but was afraid I was mixing the name up with that of Greta Schacchi. FS played “Moon River” on a pedal harp, but I’m glad to hear that you’re playing it on a lever harp. It was written especially to accommodate Audrey Hepburn’s limited vocal range (which was no more limited than that of most of us average Joes and Jills).

When I find time after practising my orchestra parts, I am working on Songs of Nymphs by Marjan Mozetich, and Valse by Arnold Bax. Great pieces! I’m also working on my own pieces, especially my newest composition, Summer in Vancouver, which is still in its first draft.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Philly,

I found a piece called “Etude” by Godefroid in book 5 of Pieces Classiques.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I’m looking at the Rondo right now.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Elizabeth,

I looked up a video of the Mozetich pieces.

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Philly here again.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

It’s the same piece!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies