harpcolumn

What posesses some people??

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What posesses some people??

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kreig-kitts

Jessica, my great grandfather once said that the best part about being old is that you can say whatever you want and people will think you’re just saying it because you’re old.

donna-benier

David, at least this was some random woman you will probably never see again. I had a neighbor in the condo behind me for 2 years who didn’t like music! We shared a patio space. I left my patio door open a crack in the summer when I was playing, and I heard this voice say, “Can you turn that thing down?” I said, “No, I can’t; it’s live music, not a recording.” She then yelled, “Well then, shut your door!” … I opened it all the way, and played my heart out for an hour. (;-) Sometimes even gentle-spirited harpists have a snarky streak.

Charles
    Participant

David, She was just upset because the best thing she’d ever heard was over and she had developed a crush on you. That’s all…. okay maybe some mental illness too. These are things I have to remember when I play at various nursing homes. The toughest crowd I had was last Christmas when I played for a large group of Alzheimer’s patients. Most of them just went to sleep and snored but a few got vocal and had to be removed by the staff. It was odd to be shouted down for playing the harp. Everyone absorbs the experience in a unique way. You’re a special guy with a lot of talent don’t let this phase you.

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

I don’t analyze jerks. I just take note of them and avoid them from there on. Hope all goes well for you in your future work and you don’t get any more of these. Sounds like everybody else appreciated you! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.