harpcolumn

Weidensaul-Bach and Khatchaturian

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Weidensaul-Bach and Khatchaturian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amy-shafer
    Participant

I am looking for some specific information on the Weidensaul transcription of the CPE Bach harp Sonata, and the Oriental Dance and Toccata by Aram Khatchaturian.

First, I know the year in which Weidensaul’s transcription was published because of the copyright date. But I need to know the actual year when the transcribing was done, before publication.

Second, I am having difficulty locating details about Khatchaturian’s Oriental Dance and Toccata. In what year was it composed? How much did Vera Dulova have to do with the process? Etc. Many listings of Khatchaturian’s works don’t even mention it, much less give it any sort of date or opus number.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to how I might find this or other related information.

alexander-rider
    Participant

If you can get hold of Natalya Shameyaeva’s book, “the development of harp music in Russia in the 20th Century”, there is some quite useful info about the Khatchaturian and Dulova’s involvment.

I believe Jane was working on it in 1980 or so. The actual date is not that significant, I don’t think.

amy-shafer
    Participant

Thank you. I have found a copy of it and will be getting my hands on it soon. Much appreciated!

amy-shafer
    Participant

I know the date of transcription is probably not extremely important but, at the same time, it is something I want to know. Thanks for your input.

Kathleen Bride would probably know the exact dates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies