harpcolumn

Variations sur un theme mineur – Renée Hansen-Jamet

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Variations sur un theme mineur – Renée Hansen-Jamet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alexandra Annandale
    Participant

I wonder if anybody happens to know in which year this piece was composed. I can’t find anything on the internet, except that it is available in print from Leduc (1946). I assume it is the year in which it was published. But I need to know in which year it was composed. Renée Hansen is not on Wikipedia, and I have no other sources that have her in them. Please can somebody help?

carl-swanson
    Participant

Alexandra- Renee Hansen was Pierre Jamet’s wife. She taught theory and harmony at the Paris Conservatory and was the first harmony teacher of Pierre Boulez. Let me email Marie-Claire Jamet, Pierre Jamet’s daughter and see if she knows when it was composed.

Alexandra Annandale
    Participant

Many thanks, I would be most grateful.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Alexandra- I just got an email from Marie-Claire Jamet. She doesn’t know when her mother composed that piece because she doesn’t have the manuscript. She thinks it most likely was composed during the war and published right after, hence the date 1946.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies