harpcolumn

UC programs?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists UC programs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi all- does anyone know if any of the University of California campuses offer classes/majors/minors in harp?

unknown-user
    Participant

They used to, I think. I think a few of them may do so now. I can recommend highly Karen Thielen, who teaches at San Jose State University. Is Redlands a UC campus? I think if you were at the major campuses, there would be a teacher available in the area, if not on faculty.

Jennifer Ellis
    Participant

There are programs at UCLA (although with limited space), UC Davis, and UC Irvine.

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Brianna,

You might check to see if The Master’s College in Santa Clarita still offers harp.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

About 25 years ago, I studied harp with Joy Hujsak at UC San Diego, while minoring in music there. She was a really good match for me. I would check with each campus, to see who’s teaching now.

charissa-barger
    Participant

Lou Anne Neill teaches at UCLA and she is a very warm person!

Lou Anne Neill is my teacher at UCLA right now. She’s the principle harpist for the LA Phil, and she’s wonderful to work with. She usually doesn’t accept grad students because she loves to start students off on their feet, but that doesn’t mean that she wouldn’t offer admission to someone she felt really deserved it. There is no harp minor here at UCLA, only a major. UC San Diego also has a harp program.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies