harpcolumn

Tournier Berceuse (ded. Mazurette) misprint?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Tournier Berceuse (ded. Mazurette) misprint?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    le_sacre
    Participant

Hi all, anyone familiar with the Berceuse by Tournier (not the Berceuse Russe; the simple one dedicated to Ruth Mazurette)?

In measure 10 in the right hand, there’s an F# grace note tied/slurred onto an F# (repeated note, same octave). On YouTube I found some performances where they play the grace note as a D (matching measure 5), and others where they play a repeated F#. I could also see an argument that, exactly as notated, you would play a single F# (before the beat) since the grace note is tied onto the same note.

Musically, I’m inclined to change it to a D, but I figure someone might know better!

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by le_sacre.
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I looked at my score and tried that measure (have not played this in a few years). I think it is F. Look at measures 8, 9. Grace notes are F. Measures 3, 4, 5 have the D grace notes.

le_sacre
    Participant

Thanks, Gretchen! My teacher looked into it and says it’s meant to be G. So, lots of options! 😀

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I am interested to know how your teacher concluded the grace note is G. I listened to Catherine Michel, a world renowned French harpist and instructor, on YouTube and she plays a D. https://youtu.be/Az1mgqJ4O7c

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies