harpcolumn

The Strangest Wedding of my Career

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing The Strangest Wedding of my Career

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

I always seem to find the weird ones, but today’s wedding takes the cake. I was to play prelude, the unity candle, and post-recessional music, plus the cocktail hour. Everybody was very friendly and congenial. But it was certainly STRANGE.

1. Bride and all bridesmaids wore tennis shoes. Ok, seen that before.

2. The singer for the processional sat on a black box that was painted to look like a skull. She sang an original song. Sample lyric: “If they name a town after you, it’s not my fault.”

3. The bride and groom had written their own vows. They were one word each. The bride to the groom: “Godzilla.” The groom to the bride: “Pickle.”

4. And my favorite, the pastor. He had long hair, a cowboy hat and cowboy boots, and wore a dark green polyester leisure suit. And he did the ceremony as Elmer Fudd: “Mawwidge is a vewwy special thing fow two people who wwuve each ower.” The only thing missing was the laugh and “waskally wabbits.”

I have pictures. You can’t make this stuff up.

David Ice

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I saw the title of this post and knew that it was from you before I read it! I love you David!!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Oh, David, I’ve been waiting so long for another entertaining story from you. Thankfully, this one didn’t involve a disaster, too:) Thanks for sharing your latest adventure.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I hope your processional was BRING IN THE CLOWNS.

Sylvia
    Participant

Please post the pics.

Alison
    Participant

yeah, & they’ll pay you in groats………

kay-lister

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL . . . ! TRULY UNBEWIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, it’s been awhile and NOT disappointing! Keep em coming David – you just kill me!

Kay

The bride to the groom: “Godzilla.” The groom to the bride: “Pickle.”

We can only hope this wasn’t the continuation of an argument about the name of their hypothetical firstborn.

kreig-kitts

I wonder if the minister was doing a tribute to “The Princess Bride”. The wedding scene is rather famous among Gen Xers if you’re not familiar with it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies