harpcolumn

the passing of Brook Boddie

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break the passing of Brook Boddie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have some very sad news. Brook Boddie (a contributor to this website for many years) passed away from cardiac arrest this morning at age 51. Brook wrote beautiful compositions for the harp and also was an accomplished organist. He was one of the kindest people I ever knew, very tender-hearted. He will be missed terribly!

jzydek
    Participant

I am really sorry to read this. He was such a nice person, and I liked his compositions. How sad. He was far too young. R.I.P. Brook.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thank you, Briggs, for the kind words.
    My favorite composition of his is “Upon the Willows”. It is one of the most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard!

kathy-chanik
    Participant

Oh no! This is certainly a shock, what terrible news. Brook was indeed a kind person, I enjoyed seeing and speaking with him in emails and at conferences, and we shared a love of exploring and owning and comparing different harps. I’ll certainly miss having him in the harp world.

Rest in peace, Brook…

wil-weten
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear Brook Boddie has passed. He will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know, Jerusha.

Sylvia
    Participant

I looked him up. With such a unique name, you wouldn’t think there would be another person by that name.
    Among other info was this:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/brook-boddie-houston-tx/747644

Veronika
    Participant

I’m very sorry to hear that Brook has passed away.

andy-b
    Participant

Broadmoor Baptist Church in Shreveport, LA, where Brook was the organist/painist/harpist, is having a service on Saturday at 4 pm (Central time) and it will be livestreamed. Here is the info from their Facebook page.

Nelson Brook Boddie
    10/29/1968 – 7/15/2020

There is a profound silence in the Worship Center this morning. Our beloved Brook Boddie has passed away. He experienced a cardiac arrest this morning while in the hospital.

We know the heavens rejoice upon his arrival. A master musician to join in the chorus of heavenly worship! This, while our own hearts ache knowing the blessings of not only his musical gifts will no longer be present here, but also that his compassionate heart for service and his sly wit will no longer be witnessed on this earth. ��Brook is with the Father. We look to God for comfort, while we remember His enormous grace for us. For is it by this grace we will be together with Brook in Glory one day.

The Memorial Service celebrating the life of Brook Boddie will be held at 4 PM on Saturday, July 18 in Worship Center North. The church doors will open for the service at 3:40 PM. (Face coverings must be worn by everyone entering the building and must remain on while in the building). Because we are still limited to 50% capacity, we will be live streaming this service here on Facebook. We will also offer overflow seating in Memorial Chapel.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Kathy,

So good to hear from you!

You both were kindred spirits in your love for harps, especially lever harps!
    I’ll email you soon.

Jerusha

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Wil and Veronika,

Thank you both for writing.

Sylvia,

Thank you for the article on Brook. (I didn’t know much about his non-harp life.)

Andy,

Thank you so much for the link to his memorial service. Broadmoor Baptist wrote a beautiful tribute to him. He was well-loved by everyone!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Thanks so much, Jerusha, for letting all of us know. Brook was indeed a wonderful person and will be missed by everyone who knew him. I know he is playing beautiful harps, pianos, and organs in Heaven! ( And, he is no longer suffering from his back pain which plagued him here on earth and affected his ability to play the pedal harp.) Rest in peace, dear Brook.

With love,
    Balfour and Carol Lynn

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thank you, Balfour and Carol Lynn, for your loving comments!

charles-nix
    Participant

So sad to hear. “Upon the Willows” is one of my favorites. I didn’t know him well, but we talked harps (and organs) a couple of times. He was so kind.

(@Sylvia: Maybe I’m missing something–but the link from Psychology Today goes to a counselor in Houston, with photos of Brook Boddie. Neither gender, ethnicity, nor city–Houston is 4 hours from Shreveport–match our Brook.)

balfour-knight
    Participant

https://www.osbornfuneralhome.net/obituary/7059728
    This is the link to Brook’s obituary.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thank you, Balfour, for posting this link.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Jerusha Amado.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.