harpcolumn

the most hands breaker piece for you

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists the most hands breaker piece for you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello ,what is the most hands breaker pieces for you? now i am practicing La Source Zabel, once a freind in the column told me that its a hand breaker piece and now i am sure of that, and Sonate Cardon f minor also the same,it takes the whole energy of the hands. what about you???

Well, there are different types of hand-breakers, as you put it. For length, it would be Daquin’s Le Coucou. For athletics, it would be Salzedo’s Ballade or Recessional. For gymnastics, it would be Salzedo’s Variations. For endurance, it would be his “(Flight)”. For sheer speed, his Whirlwind. For performance, it would be the Pescetti Sonata or the Harmonious Blacksmith. For all of the above, it would be the Sonata by C.P.E. Bach. And then there is Halffter’s Danza de la Pastora, in a class by itself.

My cure is doing lots of LaRiviere-type exercises: every possible fingering pattern. It ends up toning and relaxing the fingers very much, so they are much more comfortable doing more. Any pattern you play in a piece, if you have done it thoroughly in an exercise, it is much easier to play.

“Prelude in C” by Prokofiev. OUCH!

mr-s

yes Steven Prelude Prokofiev is one of them but its not the same as Cardon sonate f minor, for me Mozart concerto easier than Cardon, and the middle part of La Source Zabel L’istesso tempo where we play in the highest register C.B.A.G.F.E etc…. uffffff, needs hours and hours of practicing every day.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies