harpcolumn

Sylvain Blassel plays Goldberg Variations

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Sylvain Blassel plays Goldberg Variations

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Maria Myers
    Participant

Carl,

That’s a wonderful video!

Nigel Keay

I have it, I’ll send it to you in case you are still looking for it.

Well, thank you for everything you‘ve written !

I don’t know what should I write here, it’s my first message…

I’ve a new record in construction, I will say you more about it later.
    I just hope that you will like it !

Perhaps you will be on Vancouver this summer ?
    I will be very happy to meet you around a good glass.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Well Sylvain- How nice to hear from you. I’m surprised it took so long for you to find and read these posts. You’re a wonderful harpist and I look forward to the next CD. I still have to get this one, which I have not done yet.

J’espere pouvoir vous rencontre a Paris a ma prochaine visite. J’espere que nous pouvons boire un coup ensemble. Votre connaisance de la harpe Erard m’interesse beaucoup. J’ai achete il y a 4 ans un Erard fabrique en 1892 en etat parfait(et jamais restaurait!). J’espere qu’un jour vous pouvais le voir.

Amicalement

Carl Swanson

but with pleasure !

What is the number of your erard ?
    With model ?

When are you coming in Paris ?

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sylvain-My harp at the moment is at the house of another harpist, a very good friend of mine. I don’t have the number in front of me. But Francis Darigrand looked it up for me and told me that it was sold on May 6, 1892. It must have come directly to the United States and was played very little or not at all, and then spent the next 100 years in the wood trunk in storage. Because when I got it, it was clean, not as if someone had cleaned it, but as if it had not gotten dirty. The pedals had no wear at all, and the pedal slots showed no sign of use. The soundboard was tabletop flat. All of the decoration was there and in perfect condition, and there was no wear at all on the body where the hands touch the instrument. M. Darigrand told me that it was a special model, one of only 5 or 6 that I believe he said were slightly shorter than their standard model at the time. Don’t hold me to that. i may have misunderstood him.

I’m hoping to come to Paris in late March or April(or May). Not sure yet. I’ll contact you in advance to see when you’ll be there. In case you don’t know, I spent 3 years living in Paris many many years ago, studying with Pierre Jamet.

great !

If you have some pictures of your harp, it could be nice !
    I don’t see what kind of model it can be. Perhaps a model on command ?

I will be in paris in the same time than you.
    So, I hope you like whisky !

And, I’m sorry, but I never played on your harp…
    Do you know if an harpist have one in France, or Europa ?

I’m very curious to listen how it is !

carl-swanson
    Participant

Sylvain- It’s 2 o’clock in the morning where you are! GO TO BED!!

??

Well, ok, Dad…
    Can I see the TV just 5 minutes, please ?

carl-swanson
    Participant

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Good to hear the enthusiasm for Erards!

Marie-Pierre Langlamet told me that Sylvain is wonderful. I totally agree! We are SO happy that he is coming to Vancouver in July to perform the Goldberg Variations at the World Harp Congress. He is also a conductor, harp technician, a great teacher, and a very nice person!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies