harpcolumn

String Spacing of L&H 85 Concertino

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories String Spacing of L&H 85 Concertino

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Katie Chow
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m used to practise at studios. Recently, I wanna buy my own harp at home. Experience of playing on different size of pedal harps, I found that I should practise on a concert grand size in order to adapt the string spacing. (I found that if I’m used to practise on a larger harp with larger spacing, then I can freely play without difficulties when shifting to a smaller harp, but if I’m used to play on a harp with smaller spacings, I just cannot play on a larger harp, everything go wrong). I played on L&H 85 CG and 85 SE, and found that the string spacings are very different between the 2 harps although the official said the extreme width of the 2 models are both 99cm. My friend and I measured the C to C’ string distance of each octaves of the 2 harps and found that the readings of 85 SE is actually much smaller than the CG one (It’s even smaller than L&H’s lever harp Prelude…so strange…).

Now, I’m interested in 85 concertino. Does anyone play this harp and measure the C to C’ distance of each of the six octaves for me as a reference for making the purchase decision?

Thanks a lot~

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies