harpcolumn

String in tuning peg

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories String in tuning peg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ShelbyD
    Participant

So I purchased a used harp, first one I’ve owned. It’s a L&H prelude. Played for 11 years(rentals). 10 off. Besides the point. There were quite a few broken strings which allowed me to get it at a much lower price than any others I’ve seen. I have replaced most. My problem is that one of the strings that was missing (didn’t notice at time of purchase) had been cut on both sides of the tuning peg pretty close to the peg. One side was nearly flush, the other has some haning out, it had been enough for me to grab with pliers. I thought I could get it out but quickly the gut started just pulling apart and now I can barely grab what’s left in the tuning peg and I’m unsure how to get the little bit of gut string out. My only thought scares me as I don’t want to damage the Harp and sending it off isn’t in my budget. It is the 4th octave a string.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Drill it out with a drill bit that is small enough to fit into the string hole in the tuning pin. You could use an electric drill or an eggbeater hand drill. Whatever is convenient.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies