harpcolumn

Songs by Adele on harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Songs by Adele on harp?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

Since Adele keeps winning Grammy Awards, I’m curious which of her songs harpists are including in their gig repertoires. Thanks!

lisa-kikol
    Participant

Someone like you.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Set Fire to the Rain also works well on harp.

diane-michaels
    Spectator

I’ve arranged Rolling in the Deep for flute, cello and harp.

kreig-kitts

I hope that somebody has requested “Someone Like You” at a wedding. “Do you take so and so as a reasonable substitute for your now-married ex?” Oh, l’amore, l’amore.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

But all the wedding requests I get anymore are inappropriate, Kreig. Last Saturday for instance, for the prelude they wanted:

Bittersweet Symphony (you’re a slave to money, then you die)

Under the Bridge (my sweetie left me, I went under the bridge to shoot up)

With or Without You (I can’t live, with or without you)

Hallelujah (All I ever learned from love is how to shoot at someone who outdrew you)

and so on. Of course, in fairness, the tragic love songs (Romeo and Juliet, Titanic, etc) have always been more popular, but everything now that I get asked for is pretty harsh. Nobody ever asks for Marry Me by Train, for instance, or Love Story by Taylor Swift. They do occasionally ask for Marry You by Bruno Mars (I’m looking for something dumb to do, Hey Babe, I think I want to marry you).

Hahaha!!!

alishia-joubert
    Participant

I SO love Adele, but think an album about a bitter breakup is TERRIBLE music for a wedding. Someone Like You is an awful wedding choice, IMO.

karen
    Participant

Does anyone have a harp (lever) arrangement of “To Make You Feel My Love”? Adele sings it but I believe Bob Dylan wrote it. A pretty song….I’d love to know it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies