column

Some harp-related crafting

Home Forums Coffee Break Some harp-related crafting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Allison Stevick
    Participant

I recently finished working on a t-shirt/memory quilt, and I wanted to share my harp square with other harp lovers! I hand-embroidered the picture of my harp and celtic knotwork, since I couldn’t find a pre-made patch or anything that was suitable. I used some metallic thread for the levers, pegs, and strings, and it looks pretty cool in person! (if I do say so myself…)

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Very nicely done!

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Hi Allison, that looks fabulous! Also like the fuchsia border fabric! Would be kind of neat to try cross-stitching that on cotton canvas too, esp. with the gold thread.

Allison Stevick
    Participant

Thank you both! The fuschia fabric was from a prom dress–from the year I met and started dating the guy who is now my husband. The whole quilt is kind of a recap of the past 12 years in our life. 🙂

Angela Biggs

That’s beautiful! I especially like the golden threads. 🙂

Allison Stevick
    Participant

Thanks, Angela!

kay-lister

Allison,

Very, VERY nice! Take a pic of the whole quilt if you can, so we can see everything. That takes a LOT of patience I know. God love ya!

Kay

Allison Stevick
    Participant

Thanks, Kay! I don’t know how clear the picture will appear (I don’t have a very good place to photograph the whole thing… and it’s quite large…) but here it is!
    It has t-shirts from activities and events I was part of, college, artwork I did, wedding, newborn outfits from both my kids, and some other squares that I assembled for things we (my family) like to do/places we’ve been. 🙂

kay-lister

THAT is just BEAUTIFUL and what a WONDERFUL thing to have and pass down – SO special!

Kay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.