harpcolumn

Renato Grisoni – Suite Ellenica

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Renato Grisoni – Suite Ellenica

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi again,

Just a quick question about a piece of music. It is: Suite Ellenica by Renato Grisoni (pub. by Pizzicato edizioni musicali, Cat. no. P210E)

I

Elisa Netzer
    Participant

Hi! I played the suite ellenica and I worked the suite with Grisoni himself.
    I’ve heard a lot of differents opinions about the suite. Personally I really love it, there are some movements that I like better than others but I find it is a really good work for harp. Some people does not like it because it’s too simple. Yes, is not complicated for the fingers, is not a virtuoso piece, but it requires a lot of musical maturity to make it interesting. You will like it if you like music with space and time inside, like the Prayer of Natra, you really have to sing and do a lot of legato with your harp. Last but not least, is a contemporary piece that is not too difficult for a standard audience.
    scuse me for my english! 🙂
    Elisa

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Hi, Thanks very much for your reply. It does look a very interesting and fun piece to play. I’m sadly having to leave looking at the piece for a week or so now due to having to prepare Benjamin Britten’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies