harpcolumn

pet peeve?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break pet peeve?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I believe two factors were responsible for that. The popularity of the harp among women in the 18th and 19th centuries, followed by the dozens of

Ann

My pet peeve is people who want to help me load/unload, and reach for my instrument first. STEP AWAY FROM MY INSTRUMENT! You’re welcome to carry stool, music stand, book bag, whatever, but that instrument is MINE alone. I’m going to train myself to say something like, “I’ll take that. If I drop it I’ll be angry at myself. If you drop it I’d have to kill you.”

Sylvia
    Participant

Ann, I agree.

cc-chiu

Unfortunately, there aren’t too many harp recitals in the Netherlands… They’re either WAY too expensive or located in a small town in the middle of nowhere… And of course, when there’s an affordable recital near where I live, they’ll play obscure modern music that I don’t understand 😛

I’d love to attend a harp recital but I haven’t got much luck so far :(.

Pet peeves:

In our church, we use a songbook that’s used by most ‘evangelical’ churches. And in every song there’s a modulation, like from C to E

deb-l
    Participant

I hate it when you tell people you play harp and they ask ‘one of those really big expensive things?’

John McK
    Participant

Not so much a harp thing but a folk music thing. . .

People who are trained to play classical music (usually on a flute or violin) and assume, arrogantly, that they can pull off Irish trad music without actually learning how it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies